How to Trade/Sell at Mommy’s Trading Post
Book an appointment here. We are limiting the amount of buys to 5 per day because it is taking so much longer for us to get everything online. We are only booking appts 2 weeks out, so if you are unable to see any times available, it is because we are fully booked for 2 weeks. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Step 2Bring in your gently used items (see what we are currently accepting for reference).
Clothing: Limit 2 *grocery sized* bags per visit. Please bring in CLEAN (unstained), un-ripped, wrinkle-free, odor-free, pet hair free clothing in current styles (generally not more than 3 years old with the exception of vintage items). Please take time to look through you clothes before bringing them in.
We are currently taking WINTER clothing.
Baby Gear/Toys: Please include ALL pieces and batteries, if needed. Items need to be ready to be wiped down, clean and ready to sell. Large items: We have limited space, so please email photos in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can let you know if we have space.
Appointments are drop offs. We will look through your items the next day. We select what our customers might buy based on season, brand, condition, current inventory and buyer’s experience. After we have gone through you items, we will email you.
Step 4What you get in return:
Baby/Children’s clothing/shoes and small toys (typically anything that will sell for under $20)
You will receive 40% store credit*. You can use this credit immediately, or save it for later date. Store credit can be used on anything in store and it never expires! You can also opt to get your credit in the form of an online gift card to use on our website. Our online and in-store systems do not communicate so you have to chose in store or online and once issued it cannot be switched.
You can either choose 40% store credit (you receive more) or 30% check. You will receive this on the spot; credit can be used immediately or saved for a later date. Store credit can be used on anything in the store and it never expires!
Baby Gear/Large Toys
These items go on consignment, which means you will receive compensation once the item has sold. Consigned items will be displayed for for 90 days.
Once the item sells:
You can choose between 40% in check or 60% in store credit of the item’s final selling price. Check/credit for consigned items may be collected 7 days after an item is sold, in order to accommodate our return policy. Checks must be picked up in store during buying hours (or if you request in advance it can be ready outside of buying hours). If you would like a check mailed there will be a $2 charge.
What if the items don’t sell within 90 days?
At the end of the contract period, all unsold items automatically become property of Mommy’s Trading Post and will be marked down or donated. If you would like your items back, it is your responsibility to collect them before the end of the contract period. Due to the large volume of consignors, we do not notify you when your items sell, however, you will receive a link to check the status online, or you are welcome to call anytime to check the status.We will do our best to safeguard your items, but are not responsible for loss or damage.
Based on current inventory and/or space (which does change daily), we are currently looking for:
- Baby Gear:
- Please email prior to your appt to make sure we have space for any gear item.
- Depending on space, we can potentially take: Highchairs, convertible car seats, excellent condition infant car seats, booster seats, soft structured carriers- specifically Ergo 360, Bjorn One, Lilli Baby or other multi-position carriers (not original style Baby Bjorn or wraps-except Solly wraps), Baby K'Tan carriers, scooters, tricycles, wooden toys, double and umbrella strollers, high-end bassinets (Halo swivel), walkers (the sit in kind), jumperoos. Our ability to take all of these items will depend on current inventory, so please call or email first before bringing them in.
- Note: Please be considerate and wipe down/wash items before bringing them in!
- Children’s Clothing:
- Limited quantities of EXCELLENT condition WINTER children's clothing. baby/children's clothes in general.
- Shoes/boots in good condition up to size 13
- Sleep sacks (medium & large especially)
- Swaddles & Swaddle Transition aids (especially Magic Merlin, Zipadee Zip and Love to Dream)
- Women’s Clothing:
- Maternity clothes (including jackets)
- Nursing/breast-feeding clothes
- Dirty/stained clothing/gear. You wouldn't buy dirty items would you? Neither do our customers. We can only accept clean, unstained, odor-free items in excellent condition.
- Bouncer seats
- Bath tubs
- Wrap Carriers
- Large Swings